top of page
New Sywell Aerodrome Logo.tif
half.png

History

Sywell Aerodrome dates back to 1927 when local landowner, Mr Harold Brown (the present MD's grandfather) agreed to let 55 acres of his land off Holcot Lane, adjacent to Bellman Gate, to the Northamptonshire Aero Club founded by Jack and Geoffrey Linnell. And so began flying at Sywell, and the rest as they say is history!

We thought we would share a little bit of Sywell history below, especially for those that are new to Sywell Aerodrome.

Sywell Aerodrome History

Sywell History 1.jpg
Sywell History 2.jpg
Sywell History 3.jpg
bottom of page